During the summer, the attic in your home may become hot and humid. If your central AC system is not doing a good enough job of keeping the attic area cool, then install a Mitsubishi Electric Ductless AC system. There are several options available for ductless AC units.
Air Temp can install a Mitsubishi ductless AC for your attic or any other area in your home. Contact us today for an estimate and to find out more about the options available to you. Below, we discuss the benefits of installing a ductless AC in your attic.
Cooling an Attic with a Ductless AC System
If your house does not have central air conditioning or expanding the existing ventilation system is not an option, a ductless cooling system may be a good alternative. Ductless, or mini-split, systems are small units that provide adequate cooling and heating to almost any space in a home such as an attic. Ductless systems are stand-alone compressor/fan units that deliver conditioned air directly into living space from a compact unit that can be mounted on a wall, inside a ceiling or even under the floor.
If the attic has more than one room, you can split the ductless system into separate zones. You can program a mini-split system to run only when you need it. Most Mitsubishi units now offer a programmable wireless remote, and some have advanced mobile apps for controlling the unit while you are away from home.
Ductless vs. Window Air Conditioner
You may be wondering why a ductless unit would be a better option than just sticking a window AC in the attic. Although it is true that a window unit could cool your attic, there are distinct advantages to installing a ductless system instead:
- They provide a better aesthetic. Window air conditioners can hurt your home’s curb appeal.
- Window units block the view to the outside.
- Window units waste energy. The window enclosure does not provide adequate insulation around the window frame. Air can leak around the enclosure, thus, defeating the purpose of the window unit.
- Ductless AC systems use less energy and have a high SEER rating of up to 21. A window may seem to use less power due to its size, but it takes twice as much energy to cool an attic with a window unit as it does a ductless AC system.
- Ductless AC systems are quite. Window units are louder and more irritating.
- A ductless system can be used to produce both cool and warm air. A window unit does not have this ability.
Ductless AC Installation in West Caldwell, NJ
If you are looking for ductless AC installation in West Caldwell, NJ, then contact Air Temp. We offer comprehensive AC maintenance, repair, installation, and system replacement for both home and business owners.
To schedule AC service, call us at 800.969.1232. You can also send a message on our contact page.
About West Caldwell, New Jersey
Caldwell Township flourished throughout the 1800s and was home to about 485 people. West Caldwell was the site of farming lands and the local sawmill. Franklin, on the other hand, was the principal business center of Caldwell Township and had an economy supported by farms, a store, two factories, a cider mill, and a distillery.
Over the past century, West Caldwell has come to be considered one of the most beautiful residential areas in Essex County. Our community today provides its residents with a range of businesses, annual events, and all types of activities.