Do You Need AC Replacement or AC Repair in Morristown, NJ?
The condenser inside your Morristown air conditioning unit is arguably its most important part. This is where the magic happens, and hot air is turned into cold. Without a functioning condenser, your AC unit is just a big fan. So, if your condenser is malfunctioning, it’s vital to call in AC repair experts in Morristown, NJ.
The question is, does your condenser need to be replaced, or do you only need a quick repair job? That’s the sort of question your Morristown AC repair crew can best answer by taking a look at it, but we can offer some guidelines, so you know what to expect.
I. How to tell your condenser has problems
So, how do you know if your AC condenser is having trouble? There are three key signs:
- A substantial reduction in the amount of cold air blowing through your vents.
- Any loud unusual noises coming from inside the AC unit, such as knocking or metallic scraping.
- Noticeable fluid loss around the outside of the AC unit.
If any of those things are occurring, you want to call Morristown AC repair experts ASAP!
II. Situations when the condenser will need to be replaced
An AC repair crew will try to preserve your existing condenser when possible, but depending on the damage, this may not be realistic. These are the most common situations where repairs usually aren’t an option, and the condenser must be replaced:
It’s usually not possible to repair leaky seals within a condenser without replacing the whole thing.
A broken or damaged coil.
The condensing coil is the heart of your condenser. If that’s broken, the entire thing will have to be replaced.
If there are major blockages in the tubes within the condenser, these usually cannot be cleared.
III. Situations where AC repair may be an option
Not every condenser problem necessarily requires replacement! For example:
- A dirty condenser or coil can significantly inhibit its ability to create cold air, but it can usually be cleaned off easily enough.
- A bad relay switch will prevent the condenser from turning on and off when needed, but this part is easily swapped out.
- A faulty fan motor can imitate a condenser problem, but a broken fan is usually a simple repair job.
Don’t delay if you need AC repair in Morristown, NJ – the problem will only get worse as the summer gets hotter. Contact Air Temp for help.