Annual Maintenance Furnace Repair Tips for Your System
When it comes to taking care of your furnace system, it’s important that you always keep up with annual maintenance. That’s why we’re sharing some furnace repair tips with you. By properly caring for your system as a whole, you can hopefully avoid costly repairs and downtime with furnace repair in NJ.
It’s essential to have your furnace system inspected every year. This is the time when you can have a professional come to your home and take a look at your system to make sure it’s running as it should be. This is a good time to have the parts of your furnace system cleaned as well.
Check for Loose Parts
Your furnace system should be checked annually for any loose parts. You can do this yourself, or you can have a professional come to your home to do this for you. If you do notice any loose parts, it’s important to get them tightened up so that they are in working order. This can help prevent any future issues.
Change the Filter
Another thing to keep in mind is that you should always make sure that you have fresh filters.
Maintain Your Thermostat
Another tip that can help you keep your furnace system running as efficiently as possible is to make sure that you have a clean and well-maintained thermostat.
An Annual Furnace Maintenance Checklist
You should go step by step and check the following for annual furnace maintenance:
- Check the gas or oil supply. Be sure that you have the correct amount of fuel for your furnace. If you have an electric furnace, ensure the power cord is plugged in.
- Check for leaks. You may not see them, but leaks can cause your furnace to work less efficiently.
- Check the air filters. Clean air filters will improve the efficiency of your furnace. They will also help to keep your furnace clean
- Check the wiring. Make sure that the wiring is not loose.
- Check the pilot light. The pilot light should be on at all times. If it is not, you need to replace the pilot light.
- Check the thermostat. The thermostat should be set to the correct temperature.
- Check the furnace. Make sure that the furnace is turned off and that the door is closed.
- Check the area around the furnace. Make sure that there is nothing that could catch fire near the furnace.
- Check the furnace for leaks. If you find leaks, you will need to fix them.
- Check the furnace for cracks. If you find cracks, it’s best to shut the furnace off immediately and call a furnace repair contractor.
Get in Touch with Air Temp Service Co. for Furnace Repair in NJ
If you need furnace repair in NJ, make sure to get in touch with the team at Air Temp Service Co. We can make sure that your furnace is running as efficiently as possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.