AC Maintenance in Riverdale, NJ: Why Does My AC Smell Bad?
Does that smell in your home or business never seem to go away? If could be your AC system. If you smell a musty smell and you think that it could be your air conditioner, then contact Air Temp. We offer complete AC maintenance in Riverdale, NJ.
We can inspect your system to determine what is causing the smell and how you need to get rid of it. In most cases, your HVAC may need cleaning or basic maintenance. Schedule an AC inspection today, so that we can improve the performance of your AC unit and get rid of that awful smell.Below, we explore the possible causes of your smelly air conditioner and what you can do to remove the odor.
Why You Need to Remove the AC Smell from Your Home or Business
There are several reasons why you need to remove the AC smell for your home or business.
- The smell could be an indicator that something is seriously wrong with your AC system. You may need to schedule an AC repair in Riverdale, NJ right away.
- The odor could lead to health problems or symptoms such as headaches.
- The bad smell could drive guests away from your home or business.
- You could lose business if customers or even employees refuse to enter your store or office due to a bad smell.
Do You Need an AC Inspection in Riverdale, NJ?
You may have tried cleaning your building interior or installing some deodorants only to find that the smell keeps recurring. If so, it’s time to schedule an AC inspection with an Air Temp technician.
We can perform an on-site inspection of your entire system to determine where the smell is coming from. It could be originating with the unit; or, it could be coming from the air filter or air ducts. Wherever the smell is coming from, our technicians are on-call to identify the source and fix the problem.
Why Does My AC System Smell Bad?
There are several reasons why your AC system smells bad:
- The dust and grime have built up inside the components because you haven’t cleaned the air conditioner in a long time. Eventually, the dirt and the smell spreads throughout your HVAC.
- There is moisture buildup somewhere inside the system. The moisture has produced mold or mildew, which continues to develop at a fast rate. Mold always gives off an odor that smells like a gym locker room.
- A poor AC installation design directs the smell from one room to another. The smell circulates instead of dying out.
Schedule AC Maintenance in Riverdale, NJ
If you notice a bad smell coming from the air conditioner, your smartest option is to schedule AC maintenance with Air Temp. We will inspect and fix the following components:
- Clogged air filter
- Dirty air ducts
- Blockage or dirt buildup in the drains
- Blocked or inadequate ventilation
Affordable AC Maintenance in Riverdale, NJ
AC maintenance is a low-cost solution that can remove a big odor inside your home or business. So, if you want to get rid of that pesky odor, then contact Air Temp today. We offer comprehensive AC maintenance to help improve your air conditioner’s performance.
About Riverdale, New Jersey
Riverdale, New Jersey’s history goes back to the mid-17th Century. Riverdale has enjoyed steady growth and development for over 300 years. The residents that live in the area enjoy the scenic landscape, a strong economy, and a thriving busy city. Visitors and residents can take part in the many activities and events that our town hosts throughout the year.